Zyzz Workout Routine
Aesthetics is the first word that comes to mind when thinking about Zyzz, that’s what he trained for. He was/is admired for his physic, and for good reason — He was shredded.
So how did he do it? That is the question. Luckily enough I’ve found enough information floating around the internet about his routine that I’m posting the WHOLE thing right here! So bookmark this page!
First however, I must note that it has become apparent to me that anyone who seems to build a lot of muscle does a LOT of sets. I think that is key to building a body that would make Hercules jealous.
If we study the routine posted below, we’ll find that Zyzz was not scared of doing set after set, punishing his muscles repeatedly. This is a 5 day split, very similar to Lazar Angelov’s workout plan in my opinion. One thing they both feature is a lot of sets.
Get it yet? A LOT OF SETS.
You can’t be afraid to hurt your muscles. Not bad hurt, but good hurt. Too many people quit too early. They get a small pump and wrap it up after 3 or 4 sets. I look to guys like Zyzz, and follow their routines to help maximize my gains.
“VENI VIDI VICI” – Zyzz
- 4 sets of Incline Dumbbell Press, 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Bench Press, 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Incline Flies, 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Chest Dips until failure
- 3 sets of Barbell Curls, 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Preacher Curls, 8-10 reps, then drop the weight to half, and push out another 8
- 4 sets of Squats 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Lunges 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Leg Press 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Leg Extensions till failure
- 3 sets of Leg Curls 8-10 reps
“Calves are self explanatory, just use some of the machines till failure, a lot of reps, feel the burn.” – Zyzz
- 3 sets of Lat Pulldowns 8-10 reps
- 4 sets of Deadlifts 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Bent Over Rows 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Dumbell Rows 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Hyperextensions 8-10 reps
- 4 sets of Shoulder Press, alternate with Barbell & Dumbell every week 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Upright Rows supersetted with Lateral Raises 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of front raises 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Lying Rear Delt Raises 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Close-Grip Bench Press 8-10 reps
- 4 sets of Pulldowns 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Skullcrushers 8-10 reps
Saturday: Full Body
- 3 sets of Deadlifts 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Squats 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Clean and Jerk 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of Weighted Pull ups 8-10 reps